Psalm 13: Consider And Answer Me

Psalm 13: Consider And Answer Me

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;
light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”
lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.

But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.

I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

Digging deeper: The Gospel

  • Galatians 4:4-7
  • Ephesians 1:3-10
  • Ephesians 2:1-7
  • Colossians 1:13-23

photo credit: Cayusa via photopin cc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plausible Arguments

Isaiah 5: The Parable of the Vineyard

Isaiah 18, Part One: Paper Boats and Whirring Wings