A Prayer of God's Righteousness

A Prayer of God's Righteousness

This is so good! I have to re-post it here so I can return to it often.

"In Christ, there is nothing I could do that would make you love me more, and nothing I have done that makes you love me less.

Your presence and approval are all I need today for everlasting joy.

As you have been to me, so I will be to others.

"As I pray, I’ll measure your compassion by the cross and your power by the resurrection."

"Things like radical generosity and audacious faith are not produced when we focus on them, but when we focus on the gospel. Focusing on what we ought to do for God creates only frustration and exhaustion; focusing on what Jesus has done for us produces abundant fruit. Resting in what Jesus has done for us releases the revolutionary power of the gospel."

Source: J.D. Greear, http://theresurgence.com/authors/jd-greear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plausible Arguments

Isaiah 5: The Parable of the Vineyard

Isaiah 18, Part One: Paper Boats and Whirring Wings