Psalm 119:137-144 | Tsadhe

Milt Reynolds | Last updated: January 20, 2022

Image by Pexels from Pixabay

Righteous are you, O LORD, and right are your rules. You have appointed your testimonies in righteousness and in all faithfulness. My zeal consumes me, because my foes forget your words. Your promise is well tried, and your servant loves it. I am small and despised, yet I do not forget your precepts. Your righteousness is righteous forever, and your law is true. Trouble and anguish have found me out, but your commandments are my delight. Your testimonies are righteous forever; give me understanding that I may live.

(Psalm 119:137–144, ESV)


Consumed by Zeal

My zeal consumes me, because my foes forget your words...

ZEAL: kin-AW, jealousy or envy

Shout aloud, show yourself mighty!

Isaiah 42:13

Zeal escapes me...when have I felt stirred up emotionally to the point of shouting and striving mightily?

Thank God for Christ's zeal!

Tsadhe felt consumed with zeal, but had no strength to act mightily. Tsadhe felt small and despised, crushed with trouble and anguish, yet remaining firm in keeping and depending upon God's Word.

God, be my Mighty Warrior against all which makes me feel small and despised, troubled and in anguish!


Give Me Understanding!

Lord God, what in your word do I not fully trust? I feel worn out, but not because "my enemies ignore your word". I don't feel that I have any enemies.

But, perhaps I do...influences and temptations that urge me to believe a lie? Lies that urge me (sucessfully) to ignore or scorn your word? I wake in the morning feeling worn out, uncaring about myriad good things that immediately surround me...focusing on my weak, tired mind and body. But I can not claim to feel zealous...about anything! What have you promised that right now I may see fulfilled?

I feel low and self-depised, self-diappointed...what am I forgetting that you have promised? My trouble and distress is small in comparison with those of other people, yet they are sufficient to bring me down.

Give me understanding that I may live!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plausible Arguments

Isaiah 5: The Parable of the Vineyard

Isaiah 18, Part One: Paper Boats and Whirring Wings