Psalm 3 | Shield, Sustain and Satisfy Me!

Psalm 3 | Shield, Sustain and Satisfy Me!

Milt Reynolds | Last updated: January 9, 2022


O LORD, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying of my soul, “There is no salvation for him in God.”

Selah

But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill.

Selah

I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked. Salvation belongs to the LORD; your blessing be on your people!

Selah

(Psalm 3:1–8, ESV)


Image by Stefan Keller from Pixabay

Lord, how many are the things that are disturbing...or threaten to disturb...my peace right now! How many are the foes which threaten my security and satisfaction in life! How loud are my thoughts which do not trust in you!

I cry to you, "Shield me! Bring my heart out of shadow and cold! Lift up my head! Sustain me in the face of thousands of unanswered questions and unfinished tasks. Arise, Lord! Turn all my thoughts, questions and problems into true worship and trust in you.

Deliver me today from discouragement and despair. Allow me to kneel before you in adoration.

May you satisfy my need for peace!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plausible Arguments

Isaiah 5: The Parable of the Vineyard

Isaiah 18, Part One: Paper Boats and Whirring Wings