Psalm 119:73-80 | Yodh

Psalm 119:73-80 | Yodh

Milt Reynolds | Last updated: April 10, 2022


Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn your commandments. Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice, because I have hoped in your word. I know, O LORD, that your rules are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me. Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant. Let your mercy come to me, that I may live; for your law is my delight. Let the insolent be put to shame, because they have wronged me with falsehood; as for me, I will meditate on your precepts. Let those who fear you turn to me, that they may know your testimonies. May my heart be blameless in your statutes, that I may not be put to shame! - Psalm 119:73–80, ESV


Comforted by God's Promise of Steadfast Love

Photo by National Cancer Institute - unsplash.com/photos/BxXgTQEw1M4

Your hands made me and formed me...

This morning, the first morning of our vactions week of travel to the coast, I feel weighted with responsibility, as if it were I who am responsible to make and form my life, and that it's up to me today to make the right decisions.

Your hands made me and formed me...

How does knowing that God formed and made me, and not I myself, help me, now, when I feel weighted down?

Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise...

What promise? The promise of steadfast love. In any affliction, whether inward or outward, I must remember that God's hands made me and formed me, and that God promises to love me no matter what.

Made and Fashioned by God

"Your hands have made and fashioned me..."

  • In the womb of my mother
  • In the circumstances and corrections planned by God

There have been no circumstances for me that were unseen, uncontrolled or unplanned by God, my Creator and Father in heaven.

LORD, give me understanding, and teach me to delight in and do out all that you have said. Give me hope: confident dependence and delight in what you have promised. You have been constant and faithful in doing the right things at the right time, even when it has meant affliction for me. You have promised to always love me...give me comfort in this promise.

The insolent one lied to our parents in the garden, and our parents taught us the Fear Of Missing Out based upon the insolent one's lie.

Lord, teach me the Fear Of Missing Out based upon all that you have said and done.

You do not lie.


Fear of Pressure

The thought of others coming to me for relief from fear, that my life wuld be a cause for others to rejoice, that others would turn to me in order to know God's Word...that fills me with fear!

Fear of pressure, fear of misleading and disappointing others, fear of shame...

Lord, let my heart be blameless in knowing, doing and teaching your Word, without fear of others!


God Made Me

God made and formed me That which he formed he first made: the particles too small to see he made and formed form nothing, by speaking them into existence.

This make him my Owner, my Commander. His word is that which I fear no hearing and not doing. May my appearance and activity delight others who also fear missing or mistaking what God has said. Right now I am afflicted, wronged by others without cause, shamed by those who fear losing ther own honnor and glory in the eyes of peiple around them. Lord God, you are good and right in all you do, even in allowing this affliction. May this difficult time make your love be my comfort, as you have promised.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plausible Arguments

Isaiah 5: The Parable of the Vineyard

Isaiah 18, Part One: Paper Boats and Whirring Wings